Everyone like to develop their own a simple game but it is difficult. However, it’s no way tough if you don’t want to code your game. All that you have to do is to, match blocks coherently so that it gives you the expected output. So, now you’re here to do your game project.
Collect the bottles and put ’em in the bin
1. Open your browser and go to Microsoft Makecode Arcade.
2. Sign in to your account and create a new project by naming it “Bottles & Bins”.
You’d now come up with the default ‘on start’ block.
3. From the sprites section, choose the new sprite blocks and set it to player. Change mySprite position to x = 4 , y = 108. And, don’t forget to design you game character or choose one from the sprites library!
4. Again, add the 2 blocks for creating the bin as mySprite2. Set the kind to item, food, or anything else. Set my sprite position to x = 148 and y = 11.
5. Go to Scenes in the menu and drag the block ‘set tilemap’. Design your background by using the tiles.
6. Oh yes! Don’t you want your sprites to move when you play with buttons? Choose the move mySprite block from the Controller bar in orange colour. Click the plus (+) button and change velocity x and y to 100.
7. After that, drag the ‘ on game update very 500 ms ‘ in the Game bar. Move to the Sprites bar in projectile section, drag the first block ‘set projectile to’… Change it to item and design your projectile as a bottle. Also change ‘from mySprite’ to mySprite2 in the drop down. Input these values : vx = 0, vy = 50.
8. The second block you have to add is, set item x… in the Sprites bar, Physics section. Get the pick random purple block from the Math bar and change the 10 to screen width which is in the Scene bar in Menu.